Friday, July 29, 2011

Frames and Prompts for Portfolios.

I'm putting my things in order.  Lining things up like a train.  The following is a list of prompts I discovered from a friend (thanks Val) to help me develop my resources for the e-portfolios my students will be working on.  I was thinking of giving one a week when I get the students to set up their eblogs.  Please add any others you can think of in the comment section.  Thanks.


Frames and Prompts for Portfolio Assessment
  • This piece of work shows….
  • The best part is …..
  •  If I did it again, I would ….
  • It was hard for me to learn …..
  •  I used to think …..  but now I know …
  • Three things I want you to notice about my work are: ….
  • I was surprised to learn that ……
  •  A question I am curious about and want to find the answer to is …..
  •  I was on the right track with my ideas about ….., but what I didn’t know was ……
  • Today my thinking is like ….  Because both …..
  •  I’ve been thinking …..
  •  I was trying to ……  It make me feel …..
  •  I was struggling with …….  So I …..
  • Today I changed ……  because ….
  •  If I were going to do this again, these are the changes I would make ……
  • Today we worked on ……   and ……
  •  The part I liked best about today is …..
  •   The part I liked least about today is …..
  • I’m having trouble with ……
  • Something I’d change is ……
  • I learned that ……
  • I wish I had been told more about …….
  • The part that still confuses me is ……..
  • I agreed with …….
  • I was surprised that …….
  • This work/book/unit reminds me of ……
  • The topic/issue I was working with today was …..
  • I tried to make the connection between …..  and …….  So ……
  • I found it easy to ……..
  • I had some trouble …..   but I solved it by ……
  • I still wonder …..
  • I feel ….. with /about my thinking because …..
  • When I made my plan I thought about …..  I should of thought of ….
  • First I decided on ……  Next I thought about …..  Then I ……
  • Most of my time today/this week was spent on …..
  • Next time I would ….

Adapted from “Thinking in the Classroom” by the Ministry of Education in British Columbia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will be checking my comments every week.